AEA is pleased to announce that the annual scholarship program has started.
The first tier award for the 2017 scholarship is up to $3,000 in cash but may be increased to $5,000 depending on the number of applications received or availability of funds. Second, third, and fourth tier awards in lesser amounts will also be awarded. AEA reserves the right to determine the scholarship amounts and number of scholarships awarded.
2017 Scholarship Essay Topic (Essay should respond to all parts):
The start of 2017 will bring in a new President of the United States and a lot of new laws. If you could change any law that you want, or create a new law, what would that be and why?
Requirements for Scholarship Applicants
- High school senior of any ethnicity currently enrolled in a public, charter or private high school in Oakland, or a high school senior who is a child of a Port of Oakland employee
- (Children of Port of Oakland employees may apply even if they reside and attend a high school outside of Oakland)
- Minimum overall weighted GPA of 3.0 (B average)
- Intends to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a four year accredited university or college on a full-time basis
- Other requirements apply.
For more information, refer to the application and instruction sheet or contact Thanh Vuong at (510) 627-1266 or email@example.com.
Applications are due Monday, February 27, 2017
For information on how to apply and other requirements, please refer to the application and instructions.